Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Halloween is a very special time for Adam and I as a couple. We both love the change of season from hot to cool, the fall foliage, the costume parties, the spooky movies, music, and television, and of course all of the Halloween treats. Most of all, the holiday always brings us back to the beginning of our relationship. On October 28th of 2006, after the Halloween party we attended with all our friends, Adam took the initiative and asked me out. He took me outside my dorm room into the hallway, told me that he liked me very much, and asked in that formal, respectful, and charming manner that he always has about him if I would like to come to his dorm the following night and watch a movie with him. Having had a huge crush on him for over a year at that point, I was of course over the moon and accepted. The rest is history. We both knew early on that what we had was very special, intense, and rare, and took great care to preserve it.

4 years later, we're planning our wedding, and while it seems like a natural step for us to take at this point, I count my blessings every day, and take none of it for granted. There is never a shortage of love in the world, it's a natural human inclination and it's everywhere you look. Strong, lasting, ever-evolving and unconditional love, however, is not as common, and I know I'm extremely lucky to have found it, especially so early in life.

I'll stop gushing now. Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe and enjoy.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment